Visa I Members of the Foreign Media, Press, and Radio
Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Media (I) visas are for representatives of the foreign media, including members of the press, radio, film, and print industries, traveling temporarily to the United States to work in their profession engaged in informational or educational media activities, essential to the foreign media function. Activities in the United States while on a media (I) visa must be for a media organization having its home office in a foreign country. Activities in the United States must be informational in nature and generally associated with the news gathering process and reporting on current events.
You must demonstrate that you are a bona fide representative of foreign media whose activities are essential to the functions of your organization. The consular officer at the U.S. embassy will determine whether an activity is qualifying in order to obtain a nonimmigrant visa.
Period of Stay
At the port of entry, a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer will determine if you can be admitted to the United States. The Officer will review and stamp Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, which will contain your authorized period of stay. Admission as an I nonimmigrant is generally authorized for the duration of status (i.e., D/S on Form I-94), and no application for extension of stay is required to be filed as long as the media representative continues working for the same employer in the same information medium.
Free Initial Review
Our Free Initial Review Service is the first step towards a solution for your US Immigration matter. We understand more than most what it is like dealing with US immigration authorities, navigating through the complex rules and regulations of US Immigration Rules.
Our Free Initial Review Service provides you with useful and practical support giving you an idea of the likely outcome of your application before informally instructing an immigration specialist.
Why you need a Free Initial Review?
- Peace of mind, you will reassured that your case is in the safe of hands of our immigration specialists.
- Our Free Initial Review Service provides you with you both useful and practical support giving you an idea of the most likely outcome of your application based on our years of experience and knowledge.
- Save both time and money, get the right information first time.
- You have nothing to lose by using our Free Initial Review Service as you stand to reduce your costs before the compilation of your case file.
- You will gain the personal support of an immigration specialist.