Multinational Executives and Managers fall into the employment-based first preference category. Labor Certification (PERM) is not required; the employer may file an Immigrant Petition (Form I-140) directly with the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS). Upon approval of the immigrant petition, an “Adjustment of Status” application may be filed if the applicant is physically present in the U.S. and has remained in valid legal status since his or her entry. If an individual is not seeking adjustment of status, the process is completed at a U.S. Consulate (“Visa Processing.”)
Foreign applicants who believe that they qualify for the Multinational Executives and Managers category should read our article on the L1 Intra Company Transfer Visa, a nonimmigrant visa for multinational executives, managers, and persons with “specialized knowledge.” L-1A visa status, which is specifically for multinational managers or executives, can easily be converted to permanent residence status by the filing of an I-140 petition with the USCIS. Multinational Executives and Managers have the option of entering the U.S. directly on an immigrant visa (in lieu of the nonimmigrant L-1 visa) if the U.S. branch, subsidiary, or affiliate of the foreign employer has been “doing business” in the U.S. for at least one year.
Please contact our law firm if you believe that you are eligible for this category and if you have the support of your employer.
[Note: Please consult with an attorney specializing in Immigration & Nationality law for professional advice in specific situations.]
Free Initial Review
Our Free Initial Review Service is the first step towards a solution for your US Immigration matter. We understand more than most what it is like dealing with US immigration authorities, navigating through the complex rules and regulations of US Immigration Rules.
Our Free Initial Review Service provides you with useful and practical support giving you an idea of the likely outcome of your application before informally instructing an immigration specialist.
Why you need a Free Initial Review?
- Peace of mind, you will reassured that your case is in the safe of hands of our immigration specialists.
- Our Free Initial Review Service provides you with you both useful and practical support giving you an idea of the most likely outcome of your application based on our years of experience and knowledge.
- Save both time and money, get the right information first time.
- You have nothing to lose by using our Free Initial Review Service as you stand to reduce your costs before the compilation of your case file.
- You will gain the personal support of an immigration specialist.